Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chicken Nuggets Francaise


I don't know why chicken nuggets are reserved for kids. I think they should appear on adult menus, too. They're so perfectly sized and delicious. I'm just glad I now have a toddler so there's an excuse for me to eat the stuff again.

That got me thinking about ways to dress up chicken nuggets. I finally decided to combine my favorite lemon chicken recipe with some Tyson chicken tenders, to create Chicken Nuggets Francaise.

(I'm sure this blog is a big hit in France.)

The sauce is very easy to make. Just throw together some lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and parsley.


Cook over medium heat with a pinch of flour, and slather it over the chicken. No need to add salt because I'm sure the chicken-nugget people have that department covered.


Chicken Nuggets Francaise

4 pieces chicken nuggets
2 lemons, juiced
1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
3 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
A pinch of flour

1. Prepare the chicken nuggets according to the instructions found on the packaging.

2. In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and parsley. Transfer the mixture to a small pot set over medium heat. Cook until simmering.

3. Throw in the pinch of flour, mixing well, to thicken the sauce. When the desired texture is reached, remove from heat, and pour over the chicken nuggets. Garnish with some lemon slices and fresh parsley. Serve immediately. Serves one.

No comments:

Post a Comment